- We had to switch to www.medfordrifleandpistolclub.com to test the new online membership system but now that it has proven to work for the past month we have switched the primary domain www.mrpc.info over to the new server also and replaced the .com site with it.
- The new membership system required a faster and larger hosting package so we have moved from our old host at www.netfirms.com to the one you are reading this message on www.liquidhost.com.
- The new server is more than 2x as fast and has much less downtime due to overcrowded shared hosting servers.
- They also have some of the best Customer Support I’ve seen in 10 years of hosting and being a webmaster. If you are looking for a host, they are worth every penny!
- The new website allows us to serve “Members Only” webpages that are not seen to others, such as our by-laws, monthly meeting minutes, etc.
- It allows members to see their expiration date and update their profile information such as phone number, email, address, etc as it changes.
- Members now have the ability to “OPT-IN” or “OPT-OUT” of club newsletters at anytime from their profile page. The default is to NOT BE INCLUDED on the newsletter list, so be sure to update your profile to receive the MRPC Newsletter that Dave McFadden puts out for us.
- The forums are now “members only” for creating new posts but are open for all to read.
- The new system has allowed the new Membership Director (Eric Yarborough) to process applications and membership renewals in less than a few days verses the previous weeks to months or maybe never under previous systems.
- The club owes a great debt to Eric for the many hours he’s been putting into the job to catch up on a years backlog and he is always available to the members and potential members via a dedicated membership line he has installed at his office. ph.541-879-1953
- Members renewing this year will receive an email notice 30 days in advance as well as on their Membership Expiration date telling them to login and renew via their profile page so that their membership is not interrupted.
- If a member does allow their dues to lapse, they will have an additional 30 days to login and renew before all data is deleted from the system. That’s two warnings and 60 days worth of time to get the job done. Anyone procrastinating more than that will be treated as a new member as all our records will be purged at that time.
- Door FOBs can now be programmed over the internet so if you renew when you get the email, your FOB should keep on working through the process. You will still get a new Membership Card in the mail.
If you have any questions or issues about the website, send them to me at ”email@example.com“.
-Jim Linch (MRPC Webmaster)