This class is open to the public and is designed for “new gun owners” with little firearm experience. “Intro to Basic Pistol Shooting” combines 45-60 minutes of classroom time with 45 minutes of live fire range time. Class size is limited to 16 students. Attendance requires signing an MRPC liability waiver.
The class covers:
- Types of handguns.
- Firearm safety, handling and storage.
- How to clean and care for your firearm.
- Ammunition selection and storage.
- Range safety and basic range commands.
- Basic shooting skills: grip, finger placement, stance, sighting, follow through, etc…
Materials needed for this class are:
- A gun bag to transport your UNLOADED firearm to and from the class. (No live ammo is allowed in the classroom. All ammunition must be placed on a table located inside the range prior to entering the classroom.)
- Hearing and eye protection.
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing. Baseball caps are highly recommended to help prevent hot brass from hitting your face and neck.
- A SIGNED WAVIER download-able HERE
The class is limited to 16 students.
Pre-registration is required.
Head Instructor: Karen Bonnett
Assistant Instructor: Kari Hatten