MRPC Event Calendar
Arizona CHL Class – Classroom Only
May 14, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 9:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
COST: MRPC members $25.00 NON-Members $55.00
AZ CHL = $30.00.
The Medford Rifle and Pistol Club is proud to offer a COMPREHENSIVE Concealed Firearm Course.
Held at the MRPC Indoor Range on the second Saturday of each month.
This class offers far more than other CHL classes that merely meet the minimum standards to obtain an Oregon Conceal Handgun License.
Using a firearm for self-defense can have serious consequences. Making a wrong decision can thrust you into the criminal court system and/or result in a civil lawsuit. This is why you want to take a comprehensive class that offers you the best training available.
THE TOPICS COVERED:
- Firearms and the Law – Possession, Ownership, Storage and Concealed Carry
- Situational Awareness plus Self-Protection Inside and Outside the Home – Learning these skill sets can be a matter of survival for you and your family.
- Avoidance – Important steps you need to take before using deadly force.
- Critical Decisions and The Use of Deadly Force – Covers many of the important decisions you will need to make before, during and after the use of deadly force.
- Pistol Knowledge, Safe Gun Handling, Concealment Holsters and Survival Tactics
- The Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting and Defensive Ammunition Selection – Includes the skills needed to shoot safely and accurately.
Taught by one of the Rogue Valley’s top firearms instructors, Phil Grammatica – NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (dba: Refuse To Be A Victim Personal Protection Training)
This is the only CHL course sanctioned by the Medford Rifle and Pistol Club.
The class is limited to 16 students.
Pre-registration is required.
Head Instructor: Phil Grammatica
Assistant Live Fire Instructor: Scott Nolan
BY RESERVATION ONLY
Course Goal: Within the guidelines of the Oregon Revised Statutes ORS 166.291 required for gaining a Oregon Concealed Handgun License (OCHL, CHL) to develop in the students the basic knowledge, skills and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a concealed firearm for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding citizen’s right to self-defense.
You will need the ALL of the following for the class:
- Note Pad
- Highlighter – Pens – Pencils
All other class materials will be provided
Classroom Safety: Specific precautions are necessary to assure that there are no chances for an accidental discharge in the classroom and that all gun safety rules are followed at all times.
- No live ammunition is permitted in the classroom at anytime an NRA firearms course is being taught. There are no exceptions. (This applies to holders of CCW’s as well)
- All firearms carried into the classroom must be immediately inspected to assure they are unloaded.
Food/Drinks: It is best that you bring your lunch/snacks/drinks to the courses – for hygiene purposes food/drinks are not allowed in the Live-Fire Range.