MRPC Event Calendar
Basic Pistol 2
June 25, 2024 @ 5:40 pm - 8:00 pm
Eligible Participants: MRPC Members @ No Cost
Prerequisite: Basic Pistol 1 or instructor’s permission
Firearms Check In Time: 5:40pm-5:50pm
Class Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
Head Instructors: Dennis Conner, Kevin Schroeder
Basic Pistol 2 is taught by certified firearm instructors in a relaxed and welcoming environment. This class is open to MRPC members of all experience levels. It is especially suited for newer shooters, experienced shooters needing help with their marksmanship skills, and members intent on participating in more advanced training and recreational programs.
Basic Pistol 2 is taught from stationary shooting benches and requires no specialized equipment. Class size is intentionally kept small to allow for individualized training and interactions. You’ll receive detailed instruction on the fundamental skills of stance, grip, sight alignment and sight picture, trigger manipulation, and follow-through. Collectively, these skills are the foundation of proficient marksmanship – which is an absolute necessity for self-defense and competition. You’ll learn to recognize and resolve common handgun malfunctions. And lastly, your instructor will review the equipment requirements for the Practical/Competitive Pistol course and answer any general firearms related questions.
- A modern handgun (semi-automatic or revolver) in good working condition
- Range grade ammunition (approx. 50 rounds)
- Vision and hearing protection (loaners may be available)
- Safe clothing: Semi-automatic handguns eject hot casings that may contact the skin and cause a startle response. Accordingly, do not wear shirts that are sleeveless, have a large open neck, etc.; or, alternatively, bring a separate cover garment. A baseball style cap is recommended to help prevent casing from contacting your face
- Fully enclosed footwear (no flip-flops, sandals, high heels, etc.) suitable for prolonged standing on concrete.
Space is limited and advance registration is required. For more information, or to preregister for this course, please contact:
Point of Contact: MRPC Training Director