MRPC Event Calendar
- This event has passed.
Practical/Competitive Pistol (Summer)
October 10 @ 5:40 pm - 7:30 pm
COST: FREE / MEMBERS ONLY
Practical/Competitive Pistol (PCP) is a novice to intermediate level training program for MRPC members. This program is taught by certified firearms instructors with defensive firearms training and competition shooting experience. Presented in a safe, relaxed, and stress free environment, PCP introduces participants to common range commands and terminology; skills such as working from a holster, moving and shooting, one-handed shooting, resolving malfunctions, efficiently reloading, shooting from unconventional positions, target acquisition and transition; and, handgun fundamentals and marksmanship.
Practical/Competitive Pistol helps students develop safe gun handling skills, and become comfortable and more competent with their firearms. Further, PCP prepares individuals to participate in MRPC’s more advanced practical pistol programs, such as Women’s Defensive Pistol and Advanced Practical Pistol; and, competition shooting programs (USPSA, Steel Challenge, IDPA, Multi-Gun); as well as, providing the skills needed for further training in areas such as personal defense and concealed handgun carry.
- A modern full size or large compact handgun (semi automatic or revolver) suitable for personal defense and/or competition
- Three magazines or two speed loaders, as applicable
- Range grade ammunition (approx. 50 rounds per night)
- A rigid outside the waistband (OWB) holster, such as Kydex or leather. The holster must provide firearm retention, maintain its shape to allow one-handed reholstering, and completely cover the trigger guard
- Outside the waistband magazine pouch or speed loader pouch, as applicable, with capacity for two magazines or speed loaders
- A sturdy belt that fully supports the weight of your loaded handgun and spare ammunition
- Vision and hearing protection (electronic earmuffs are required – loaners may be available)
- Fully enclosed stable footwear suitable for extended standing and athletic movement (no flip flops, sandals, high heels, etc.)
This course consists of three consecutive Tuesday night sessions. Each session builds on the previous week’s instruction. Students must begin with week one and successfully complete the prerequisite course.
Space is limited and pre registration is required.
For more information, or to register for this course, please contact:
Point of Contact: MRPC Training Director